Sunday, November 05, 2006

Museum N8 Amsterdam!

Today (saturday) was a rough day at work. It was actually my day off but I was asked the night before if I could jump in because they were expecting "chaos"! And chaos it was... Bleeh. I wasn't feeling like working on saturdaynight cause that would mean skipping two birthday parties as well. I thought about maybe going after my shift, but decided not to, since I wasn't sure at what time I could leave work, and besides I didn't buy any birthdaypresents yet hehe. So I put that thought out of my mind very quickly.
But then I was off at a quite reasonable time and still felt like doing something FUN! When I called Arnaud it seemed that he and Marc were still in Roosendaal and about to leave for Amsterdam, so I could still join them to visit Amsterdam's Museumnacht. I left my bike at RBC and they picked me up there. No time for changing clothes cause we were pretty late! The musea closed mostly at 2am so we had to hurry a bit. But since Arnaud was driving (hehe) it took us only an hour to get to Frank's place. And luckily Frank had already bought our tickets! So off we went... cruising across the city of Amsterdam on bikes! Ahh I am bruised on my upper legs!! We went quite high speed over bumps and dips and ohh what more?! The carrier of the bike is not a particular SOFT place to sit on... But it was a nice way of transportation through the city, you could see a lot of the city, and it was relatively quick since you wouldn't have to wait for canalboats or buses.
So, it was a good choice. Too bad many musea closed even before their scheduled closing time and because of that we missed the Anne Frank house. But it was a great night anyway. After a few beers and a meal we headed back to Roosendaal, where my bed welcomed me at 6am. =)

No comments: