Thursday, November 23, 2006

BSUR

Tonight I managed to get off from work to visit a show ("BSUR"/"Be as you are") of the dutch comedian Jan Jaap van der Wal. Inspired by a trip through six developing countries in order to make a tv-documentary for the Liliane Fonds ( for which he refused to receive any money- unlike many outrageous well-paid dutch celebrities!!), this show was among its results. Hard humour, sincere indignation, cynicism, and a healthy ability to relativise. It was a good, honest show!! And, I know some of you will like this for sure, Jan Jaap "attacked" Marco Borsato's "fake-ness" BIG TIME, opposing it to the "pure-ness" of REM's Michael Stipe...
*hey baby, are we losing touch?!*
It was a lovely night out! Maurits wasn't too happy with me not working hehe (he called about a 15 mins before I left if I wouldn't consider working after all that night, but hey, I didn't ask a night off FOR NO REASON huh?!? so pity him HA!...) I finally got a chance to meet Maaike's boyfriend Thijs, who turned out to be a very nice guy (although I didn't DARE to question that, Maaike!!). So good on you, girl!! Looking forward to meeting you again hopefully some time soon!! =)

No comments: