Wednesday, October 04, 2006

And so the job-hunt continues...

Geez I survived my CWI meeting! The employee I was supposed to meet was ill and had some weird woman to replace him. She paid more attention to her cell phone than to our conversation and I really did not like that! She told me just old news; there was nothing new that I didn't already know. It just felt like a complete waste of time! On top of it she said that I was "on the right track", that "I should not worry" and that "I'll do fine". Well that sounds great, but then, how come I can't pay my bills?! ;) Well ok, not a complete waste of time, she did give me a list with even more employment agencies and so the job-hunt continues...
But: I DID notice an announcement that the department of Radiation Oncology in Erasmus MC-Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center (the largest in the Netherlands and one of the largest in Europe) is looking for new students for a 3 years' training starting March 2007. It will be combined with a fulltime job at EMC Rotterdam which I think is great! November 6th they will give a presentation on the job and training and a selection procedure will start that day as well. I'm pretty excited from what I've read and heard about it. I think working with cancer patients will be a very tough thing to do, but I can learn so much from it! It will be a great challenge for me! So this story is to be continued! Until that time I'll go hunting for temporary jobs so I can make a living. I just changed my "profile" at the employment agencies so when there's a temporary job available they'll let me know. Which will be soon coz I'm willing to take ANY job now...ok, ALMOST any job he he.... ;)
To conclude this "job-hunting-topic" I can proudly announce that Tink has been offered a job as a Customer Service Agent at the Agoda Company travel agency and she accepted! I'm so happy for her! She will start October 12th which will be very soon! So she will have to find an apartment in Bangkok now! Good luck, Tinky! =)

No comments: